My First Localization Project – Step by Step
Here is an example of a software localization project. Screenshots and descriptions walk through the project step by step. Although the example demonstrates a localization project of a small Windows application, the same steps are followed in most localization projects.
0. Starting point
The application is developed with Visual Studio .NET development environment, and the output is a DCalc.exe file. The original language is English.
1. Step: Get ready for localization
2. Step: Start creating a new localization project
3. Step: Choose the project type
4. Step: Select languages
5. Step: Select source file
6. Step: Confirm file format choice
7. Step: See project details
8. Step: Translate
9. Step: Build localized version
10. Step: Check project analysis
11. Step: Verify localization
You can run the localized application by pressing F9 or by selecting Project –> Run Translated and immediately verify the results.